URGENT: HWY 46 FEEDBACK NEEDED OR TOLLING IS IN THE FUTURE!
The following is an email from a supporter in response to some questions she asked several people. After the meeting at GVTC, April 26, there are SO many things about this project that are disturbing.
• Citizens have less than 30 days to respond.
• Contradictory statements made by TxDOT representative about the tolling of 46.
• County and TxDOT representatives REFUSE to delete the clause about tolling 46 in the future, even though they claim it will not be done.
• Contradictory evidence about traffic at 46 & 281used to justify the “rush”, as compared to the traffic data used last year to justify Home Depot.
• Homeowners in Bulverde will bear the property tax to pay for a road that is probably used more by commercial vehicles and county residents than by city residents.
• County and cities are agreeing to a document that does NOT have a definite plan or design. How can it be known what the cost is if there is no plan??
• City of Bulverde is possibly entering into a contract that is too general, very much like the Home Depot SUP that we have had no control over.
• TxDOT threatened Bulverde by saying that if we do not enter into this contract with the county now, TxDOT will not fund a 46 project for 20-25 years, if that.
PLEASE contact your Bulverde elected officials about your concerns here.
Contact Comal County Commissioners here.